April 2 release 1.4.0

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2015 at 11:47 AM
Hi
I've just pushed new version. This was kind of rushed version, the changes are needed in an application we build.
The biggest changes:
  1. Vita.Drivers package is split into separate packages for each driver. If you used this package, remove it, and install the specific package from Nuget for your database type.
  2. All non-MSSQL database provider dependencies are now installed as Nuget packages
  3. There is a refactoring in LoginModule - now uses BCrypt algorithm for hashing passwords.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2015 at 3:58 PM
Hi guys
I have a favor to ask. With this update, I have created symbols packages and pushed them to SymbolSource. This should give you the ability to step into VITA source code in Visual Studio. You only need to add the following source server in VS Tools/Options dialog:

http://srv.symbolsource.org/pdb/Public

here are details:
http://www.symbolsource.org/Public/Home/VisualStudio
Can somebody please try configuring this and then trying to step into VITA's code in your project?
It's hard to check for sure on my machine, as I have sources in exact same location as specified in pdb files.
thanks in advance
Roman
Apr 2, 2015 at 10:27 PM
The login refactoring was a breaking change and there is no documentation on how to use the LoginModuleSettings

Now i canot run my application anymore.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Look in BooksSample. You can use all default parameters values in constructor (no parameter values). The only thing you have to do is setup default encryption channel in EncryptedDataModule (or named channel if you provide name in LoginModuleSettings).
Sorry, I know, docs are long overdue for modules. I will making them, as some modules like Login seem to stabilize in feature set. Just give me one more round to finish all planned improvements, and I'll get to docs
Roman
Apr 2, 2015 at 11:06 PM
I have added the symbolsource to VS and i can step in the code.

Ruben
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2015 at 11:06 PM
thanks so much!