Support for .Net Core

May 4, 2016 at 1:53 PM
Hi,
I'm digging into ASP.Net Core, and am waiting for the RC2 to get released. In the meantime I am looking for a framework that will suit my needs, and a long way I think that Vita is the bomb Wink | ;-)
However, when I use Vita in my project it only supports the DNX 4.5.1, and would really like it to support DNX Core (And eventually .Net Core), as I need the application I'm building to be cross platform, use Razor view engine, and the new structure of ASP, without global.asax and such.
May 4, 2016 at 7:42 PM
Hi
thanks for the feedback, I assume a 'bomb' is a compliment, so thank you
I certainly track the development of new .NET core things, and preparing to move into it, so far only mentally. Did not make any actual evaluations of what it would take to make it compatible, will probably start with this RC2 release. I am confident it will work OK, the only problem is maintenance of multi-platform solution, how to make it with least trouble in ongoing development (same c# files but different set of project files and solution?). Need to figure it out.
I also need to have a second look at new ASP.NET, and finally implement support for async controller methods in Slim API, this should come soon. The only problem is - no time for all this stuff...
Roman
Aug 29, 2016 at 6:33 AM
working on it, looks doable, bunch of stuff to rework, remove dependencies that can be removed, etc.
not sure about ETA (time of arrival), but soon, 2-3 months.