Version 1.4.2 pushed today

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2015 at 5:01 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2015 at 5:11 PM
I will go over new stuff in a separate page (will create 'What's new' page in Documentation section). For now, the breaking change is the structure of packages:
  1. Vita.Data.MsSql driver assembly is merged into main Vita assembly. Remove references to this assembly from your projects.
  2. Vita.Modules assembly is now in its own package
  3. BCrypt code is merged directly into Vita.Modules assembly, remove references to package/dll BCrypt.NET
  4. There are some changes in Login module, might break your code if you use some advanced facilities; see book store test code for use sample.
  5. [HeapTable] attribute is gone; now if entity has no ClusteredIndex attribute, it is considered heap table (without any clustered index)
Apr 13, 2015 at 7:21 PM
Every new realease you make i have to drop and recreate the database because i get errors like:

The constraint 'PK_Zonas' is being referenced by table 'Entidades', foreign key constraint 'FK_Entidade_Zona'.
Could not drop constraint. See previous errors.

I am still in the development fase so not a big deal but i am seriously concerned whe i release my application.

My is this happenning?

Regards
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Don't worry, it will end soon, hopefully it's over already. This time it's because of this dropping HeapTable attribute, so unknowingly to you some tables became heap tables, and PKs must be recreated. I expect this to be the last one change like this.
And you always have an option of generating update db scripts and then applying them manually and fixing things in manual mode and fixing the overall update script. Sorry for inconvenience.
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM
Document 'DbSchema Update Scenarios' is published:
https://vita.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=guide_dbupdate